Using your Fire Police City County FCU Debit and Credit Cards, you can streamline online purchases and mobile payment solutions at more than 1 million stores across the U.S.
What is Google Pay?
Google Pay is a way to pay with your smartphone, offering simplicity, security, and choice. Simply unlock your phone, place it near a contactless terminal, and your payment is complete.
With Google Pay, you can pay with your Android phone in stores where you see contactless terminals with either of these logos:
How to Use Google Pay:
You don’t have to open the Google Pay app to make a purchase with your NFC phone. Just follow these steps:
- Wake up and unlock your phone
- Hold the back of your phone against the contactless payment terminal
- If prompted, choose “Credit” regardless of your type of card. The merchant might request a signature
- Your purchase is complete!
To get Google Pay, you’ll need to check that you have an Android phone running Kit Kat (4.4) or higher.
- Find the Google Pay app on your device. If you do not have the app, simply download it from Google Play.
- Open the Google Pay app and follow the setup instructions. You may need to set up a PIN, pattern, password, or fingerprint screen lock.
- At the bottom right, tap +.
- Tap Add a credit or debit card.
- Use the camera to capture your card info or enter it manually.
- Verify your card information.
How Does It Work?
When you shop at a merchant, Google Pay doesn’t send your actual credit or debit card number with your payment. Instead Google Pay uses a virtual account number to represent your account information — so your card details stay safe. As soon as you make a purchase, you’ll see a payment confirmation that shows you exactly where a given transaction happened, along with the merchant’s name and number. So it’s easy to catch any suspicious activity.
Google Pay FAQs
No! Message and data rates may apply – check with your wireless provider.
You can add and remove cards whenever you like.
Your payment information is encrypted and stored on secure servers. Each payment card you add gets a virtual account number that merchants see when you buy. Your payment information isn’t shared with merchants.
You can use all Fire Police City County debit and credit cards with Google Pay.
The first card you add to Google Pay is set as your default card. To change your default card:
- Open the Google Pay App
- Tap the card you want to make your default card.
- Select set as default card